"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Be still…

Seems like here lately God has been trying to get this across to me. 

“Be still and know that I am God”

I have been doing my best lately to not be on the computer so much, to stop worrying about if anyone is actually going to read my blog, worrying about making sure I read everyone else’s and getting back to everyone as soon as they reply.  That was just taking too much time and taking time away from God and my family.  I really do enjoy reading other blogs and feeling that wonderful fellowship when you connect and get to talk with some of them.  It is so encouraging and loving to have that kind of support, that kind of family.  At the same time I have to also remember that I have my own family that I have to spend time with.  Have to sounds so bad, that I want and need to spend time with.  I need them as much as they need me.  Especially my little girl.  There have been some days that she is asking, “Mommy can you play with me?”  and I am just telling her, ‘hold on, let me finish reading this, writing this’, or…. well you get the picture.  That is not right. 

So many times I keep thinking about that wonderful verse

Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ. ~  Galatians 1:10

I have got to stop trying to make everyone happy and make sure that I am making my Father happy and my family happy.  So for right now I will be on here a lot less.  I don’t think it has been too fair to the ones that do read because here lately I just haven’t been really inspired to write something.  Not that His words still aren’t touching me and really making me think but right now I just need to be still, be quiet, write in my prayer journal and study more.  Take that time to be with Him and my family and not on here so much.  I do love you all so very much and appreciate each and everyone of my brothers and sisters I have met since coming to the blogging world.  So many out there with such wonderful faith, such love for our Father and our Brother and they love to share it with their brothers and sisters.  So many with their own battles but will drop what they are doing to take the time to pray for you.  That I will always treasure!  Thank you all and I will be back hopefully sometime soon.

for now I have some other emails I received already scheduled to post…

Pin It

2 comments:

The Crazy Cat Lady said...

ah, thank you for the post! I needed to hear that today. Going to get off the computer now... ;)

My Mad World said...

Thanks Amanda! ;) Hope you have a blessed day! We've spent some time coloring, beading and making homemade play dough!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!