"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Monday, February 28, 2011

The Word was WITH God!

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. ~John 1:1

We were going over this in Sunday school a few weeks back.  You know I have read this verse many times but for some reason I just never really got that ‘The Word’ was WITH God!  Jesus was with God from the beginning!!  I just loved that and it proves to me that Jesus has always been with God our Father!
Here is the paper they gave us that Sunday.  It was part of the “New Believers” class they had that I didn’t get a chance to go to.  Bro. Tom was nice enough to print them all up for me too! 

GOD
There is only one true and living God.  He is an intelligent, spiritual, and personal Being the Creator, Redeemer, Preserver, and Ruler of the universe.  God is infinite in holiness and all other perfections.  To Him we owe the highest love, reverence, and obedience.  The eternal God reveals Himself to us as Father, Son and Holy Spirit, with distinct personal attributes, but without division of nature, essence or being.
 
It is impossible to define God, but not impossible to describe Him!
Let’s take a look at God’s natural attributes, or different descriptions of God. 

He is:
Self-Existing & Eternal- He has always been here, and always will. 
Genesis 1:1 “In the beginning God…” 
Genesis 21:33 “Abraham planted a tamarisk tree in Beersheba, and there he called upon the name of the LORD, the Eternal God.”
Jeremiah 10:10 “But the LORD is the true God; He is the living God, the eternal King.”

Immutable- meaning the God does not change.
James 1:17 “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.”
Malachi 3:6 “I the Lord do not change. So you, the descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed.”
Psalm 110:4 “The LORD has sworn
   and will not change his mind:
You are a priest forever,
   in the order of Melchizedek.”

Omnipresent- God is present at all times in every part and time of His universe.  He is not limited by time or space, and is a free personal Spirit.
Psalm 139:7-12 Where can I go from your Spirit?
   Where can I flee from Your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, You are there;
   if I make my bed in the depths, You are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
   if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there Your hand will guide me,
   Your right hand will hold me fast.
If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
   and the light become night around me,”
even the darkness will not be dark to You;
   the night will shine like the day,
   for darkness is as light to You.

God’s Immensity- He is superior to space.  He is the God of the universe.  No human concept can contain Him.
Romans 11:33-36 “Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
   How unsearchable his judgments,
   and his paths beyond tracing out!
“Who has known the mind of the Lord?
   Or who has been his counselor?”
“Who has ever given to God,
   that God should repay them?” For from him and through him and for him are all things.
   To him be the glory forever! Amen.”

Omniscient- God has all knowledge.  He knows all things simultaneously.  His knowledge is immediate, without the process of thought reason or inference.  His knowledge of events does not necessarily mean He predetermined them.  God knows the workings of all laws, natural, moral, spiritual, and physical.  We have the right to choose and are responsible for these choices.  God knows these choices before hand, but does not predetermine them.
Colossians 2:3- “in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.”
Deutoronomy 30:19- “This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live”

Omnipotent- God possess all power.  He can do anything in keeping with His nature and purpose.  The only limits to His power are self imposed.  He cannot lie or act contrary to His own laws, character, and purpose.  These limitations are evidence of God’s power, not of His weakness.

The Four moral attributes of God are:
Holy- God’s supreme moral excellence.  More than perfect.  A complete absence of evil.
Isaiah 6:3- “Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of His glory.”
Righteous- Because God is Holy, He cannot ignore or condone evil.  What is good in God, He demands in man.  He makes us right, or righteousness through Christ. 
Romans 10:1-13 “Brothers and sisters, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved.  For I can testify about them that they are zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on knowledge.  Since they did not know the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God’s righteousness.  Christ is the culmination of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.
Moses writes this about the righteousness that is by the law: “The person who does these things will live by them.” But the righteousness that is by faith says: “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’” (that is, to bring Christ down)  “or ‘Who will descend into the deep?’” (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).  But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim: If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.” For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him,  for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
Truth- God is the source and ground for all truth.  He is the criteria through which all thoughts and acts shall be judged.  All truth is of God!
John 17:17 “Sanctify them by the truth; Your word is truth.”
John 14:6 “Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me”
Love- “This is the attribute that permeates, or brings about, all other of God’s attributes.”
1 John 4:8 “Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.”
1 John 4:16 “And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.”
1 Corinthians 13 tells us all about “Love” therefore tells us about God!
“If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.  If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.  If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.  For we know in part and we prophesy in part,  but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears.  When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.  For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.  And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.”
 
So I know this was long but I really loved all the information it gives and how it clears up so much!  I just hope that this might help someone else.  Hope everyone has a blessed day!
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!