"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Thursday, March 24, 2011

He chose ME!! =)

Our church has been doing the Bible Study… The Power of a Whisper by Bill Hybels, I done a few posts about it.

Well, I have been waiting and I haven’t really heard anything, but I do tend to have a hard time listening and my mind never shuts off! I don’t get a chance to really be ALONE with my Father like I need to.  I am going to have to sit down and have a talk with hubby and see if I can just leave the house to find somewhere quiet to go….

See.. I just go off on anything…sorry about that… anyways…

Sunday Bro. Tom was reading a passage Jesus the True Vine I love this passage too.   While he was reading, he got through almost the whole thing but once he got to verse 16, that part just jumped out at me, it was so loud and drowned out Tom for a bit.  So, since I am still fairly new at hearing His whispers, I would like to say that was one of them.  When it is something that is so loud in your head and drowns out everything else.  It is from Him!  and what a great whisper it was.

You didn’t choose Me, I chose you! 


WOW!  I love that!  He chose me, from the beginning I was His!  Sorry Daddy that it took me so long to understand that.  I just really loved that whisper I got and now, when things are going bad, which they sometimes do.  I can go back to that beautiful stake I have, that powerful whisper from my Daddy!! 

Jesus, the True Vine

“I am the true grapevine, and my Father is the gardener.  He cuts off every branch of mine that doesn’t produce fruit, and He prunes the branches that do bear fruit so they will produce even more.  You have already been pruned and purified by the message I have given you.  Remain in Me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in Me.

“Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in Me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from Me you can do nothing.  Anyone who does not remain in Me is thrown away like a useless branch and withers. Such branches are gathered into a pile to be burned.  But if you remain in Me and My words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted!  When you produce much fruit, you are My true disciples. This brings great glory to  My Father.

“I have loved you even as the Father has loved Me. Remain in My love.  When you obey My commandments, you remain in My love, just as I obey My Father’s commandments and remain in His love.  I have told you these things so that you will be filled with My joy. Yes, your joy will overflow!  This is My commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you.  There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.  You are My friends if you do what I command.  I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn’t confide in his slaves. Now you are My friends, since I have told you everything the Father told Me. You didn’t choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using My name.  This is my command: Love each other.

more on this passage tomorrow…
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!