"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Thursday, March 17, 2011

How’s your cornerstone?

cornerstone
A lot of times, especially in biblical times, when they make a house, they start out with a cornerstone.  If that cornerstone wasn’t exactly right, then the house was going to be off some how too.  So Brother Tom’s question to us Sunday morning was, “How’s your cornerstone?” 
I want to say my corner stone is perfect, but there are may times I think my cornerstone was a little ‘off’.  Thank God for His grace, that He has helped me tear it down and start over, helping me to get it straight and solid. 
 
Together, we are His house, built on the foundation of the apostles and the prophets. And the cornerstone is Christ Jesus Himself. ~Ephesians 2:20







"Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you." 2 Thessalonians 3:16
Pin It

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I really appreciated what you said and prayed over me. He did fill me! I kind of just admitted how I felt, like I could not do anything, and I am so far gone! I told him that I wanted to come back. I also told him how I felt about trying to come back and not feeling like anything had happened at all--like my drawing near was fruitless or bible reading. He answered so greatly. I just became very honest with Him, and He blessed me for drawing near to Him. He came and He made me ALIVE again! You know what I mean? Praise God because He is so faithful and so loving to hear prayers like these. I thank God for answering your prayers and mine.

:) --sophieandmomma

My Mad World said...

Praise the Lord! I so know what you mean by 'Coming Alive' again! That's how I got my title for my blog!! :) He is so greatful when we speak to Him open and honestly. He knows our hearts anyways and loves when we are real with him.
Never feel like you are not good enough for Him because His love for us is just amazing. He loves us unconditionally!!
SO happy for you!! Have a blessed day and I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

Desiray said...

Sis I believe that we all have our cornerstone just a little off, but I love what your pastor asked the congregation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!