"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Thursday, June 23, 2011

God is good

*I did not write this post today.  This post was written by Kim over at The Imperfect Wives.  For more posts by the IWC writing team head on over and check them out!!

 

God is so good.
God is so good.
God is so good,


He's so good to me.


This childhood song has run through my mind this week.


God spoke to me this week concerning His goodness.

The encouragement to reflect on His goodness didn't come to me from a situation where blessings of great things lead me to inevitably praise the Father as good.


Nor did it come from an exciting piece of news received.


It didn't come from a healing, a deliverance, a new birth, a sum of unexpected money, or an answer to prayer, per se.


No, in fact, the urging of the Spirit to reflect on His goodness came from something not too exciting or out of the ordinary.


It came from being in His Word.
From reflecting on who He Is.


And I think that was the point.


God wanted to let me know that He is good irregardless of my circumstances.


No matter what my emotions were telling me.
The creation sings of His goodness.


I have gotten to live in many beautiful places in my lifetime and experience some of the most beautiful country that the United States has to offer.


God, the Creator, made it all and He, Himself, called it good.


He also did something else. He made man (both male and female) in His image and it was very good. [See Genesis 1-2].


The creation story shows us a lot about the Creator.


It shows much of His character.

It shows that He is Good.

In the creation account in Genesis 2:20-22, God looked on Adam and said,

But for Adam there was not found a helper comparable to him. And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place. Then the rib which the Lord God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man.

God, in His goodness, saw that man needed a helper.

 
That's you ladies! That's me!


We were created as the suitable helper for our husbands.


Do you see yourselves that way?


Do you see yourself as having the Character of Christ?


When the Holy Spirit indwells each believer He brings with Him all the attributes of God the Father and Jesus the Son with Him.


You are Good. Created to be so.


In your marriage to be so.
For your husband. For you.


It is thrilling to look at ourselves the way that God does.


Yes, we are the Imperfect Wives, because after the first two chapters of Genesis there is the fall of mankind.


But the rest of history is about His Story. The Creator bringing about redemption to His creation.
He is the Author and Perfecter of our faith and He gives us His Perfect Spirit to help us live.


Yes, Imperfect Wives, He also give us His Goodness.


Glimpse it today; look in the mirror and see yourself the way that the One who is Good does.


Jesus paid a heavy price to redeem us back into a right relationship with God the Father.

And that ladies, is GOOD!

Kim

Don’t forget to check out the other amazing ladies from The Imperfect Wives

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!