"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Monday, June 6, 2011

{Home sweet Home}

Our trip was great and we had a lot of fun but there’s nothing like coming home!! 

I am so glad that we got a chance to go.  God gave Shane the ability to do his job well, which provided us with an unexpected bonus!  We wouldn’t have been able to do it without Him! 

We had a very good time and Mad really had a great time.  We surprised her and took her to Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies, which I kind of posted about here.  She loved it!

Once we got to NC we went to the waterfront and then we went to the Atlantic beach in Morehead.  She really loved that!!  She got two buckets full of shells!!  She liked doing that more than she wanted to swim.  Which was just fine because the waves were coming in pretty hard. (You should be able to click the pictures to make them bigger)

012017049052

061070080083 

We spent the morning looking around the waterfront in Beaufort, which was beautiful but just not what we had imagined.  We thought it would be more historical looking than it was… maybe we just didn’t find the hidden spots?  We at lunch at Clawson’s, and it was very good!  Mad found a new boyfriend there.. our waiter.  It was so funny!

024027029032

Then after that we went to the Atlantic Beach in Morehead. Mad had a lot of fun finding shells. (didn’t take the camera that time)

After that we headed back home.  I had fallen asleep and my hubby said, “Here comes New Bern”  One of my favorite authors, Nicholas Sparks, lives in New Bern and I heard it was really pretty.  I thought we were just passing through but Shane stopped for me!!  I was so happy.  He new I was really disappointed about Beaufort, it was pretty but…, so he stopped here.

186191

 
Man am I ever thankful he did!  We didn’t get to spend much time there and I wish we would have come through here first because we wouldn’t have spent so much time in Beaufort and just came back to New Bern.

198200203237

This is what I was hoping Beaufort was going to be like.  This place was clean and just beautiful.  So historical!  and that was only the 2 blocks we got to see!!  I can’t wait to go back now!!!

222227236239241260263

To see more pictures become a fan of My Mad World on Facebook and look through my albums there!

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!