"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Lesson from my daughter

289318_10150365201345429_731165428_10412712_209327_o

I was walking Maddie to school on Monday morning and she asked me, “Momma, what are you afraid of?”  I said, “roaches”  She said, “what else?”  I said, ‘that I was afraid I wasn’t a good enough mommy or wife.’ She said, “But you are”  Then she asked, “What else?” 
“That I’m not good enough for God”

Her answer… “Well, you’re not, but if you are sorry for the bad things you do, then you can pray and ask for forgiveness and then you won’t go to hell”

WHAT!?!  Oh my precious little daughter.  How my heart just leapt and was so filled with love and pride for her.  My little daughter is learning and listening to me and what they teach her in Sunday School.  She is now the one teaching me! 
I am so proud of my little preschooler!  Such a smart little girl!!

This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe.  There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus ~Romans 3:22-25

Blessed are they whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.  Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord will never count against him.  ~Romans 4:7-8

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand.  And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. ~Romans 5:1-3

Can you tell where I have been reading lately?  Man, what she said went right along with it!!
Pin It

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Talk about sowing good seed in good soil! Wow! I love those moments when God allows us a clear view into our children's hearts so that we can be assured that we're on the right track. Way to go, Sis! Love you!

Undeserving Grace said...

Hey Nicole, I wanted to ask you about guest posting over in my little corner of the web :) I couldn't find an email address to ask you about it? I love your blog and wanted to share it with my faithful readers and friends! I'm excited to hear what you think about the idea
{tara} from Undeserving Grace

My Mad World said...

Thank you so much Tara! I would be honored to! I sent a reply to you through your 'contact me' spot on your blog. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!