"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Friday, November 25, 2011

His Word Friday

 Friday Meme
There are some days that I just don't have much to say but after reading His Word I have plenty I want to share! So this meme is for His World only. On Fridays I will be sharing something I have read, a verse, passage, chapter, whatever it might be, that just speaks for itself, nothing more is needed...
If you would like to join in, feel free!!!
Button is on the right hand side!
1 John 5
Faith in the Incarnate Son of God
1 Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well. 2 This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out His commands. 3 In fact, this is love for God: to keep His commands. And His commands are not burdensome, 4 for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. 5 Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

6 This is the One who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ. He did not come by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth. 7 For there are three that testify: 8 the[a] Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement. 9 We accept human testimony, but God’s testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which He has given about His Son. 10 Whoever believes in the Son of God accepts this testimony. Whoever does not believe God has made Him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about His Son. 11And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life. Pin It

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Love the truth in this passage. Have a great weekend!

My Mad World said...

Me too Rebecca, me too!

Hope you had a very blessed Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

This is great! Thank you for this. I started a Bible study earlier this year where I had to read 1 John everyday for two weeks. I haven't visited it since so this was a good reminder!

My Mad World said...

You're welcome Anji! So sorry I didn't reply sooner.

1 John in a wonderful book!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!