"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

How to Praise God

 Yesterday during my quiet time I was going over something the pastor mentioned on Sunday.  He was talking about something in Psalm 86, I had it written down and looked then when I was looking it up, Psalm 96 kept coming to me.. it did that twice!  So… I went and looked it up.  Obviously He wanted to tell me something.  Smile

In my Life Application Study Bible at Psalm 96 it has the them and the author listed above it.  It says-

Theme: How to praise God.  We can sing about Him, tell others about Him, worship Him, give Him glory, bring offerings to Him and live holy lives. 

I love this chapter!

Psalm 96
 1Sing to the LORD a new song;
   sing to the LORD, all the earth.
2 Sing to the LORD, praise His name;
   proclaim His salvation day after day.
3 Declare His glory among the nations,
   His marvelous deeds among all peoples.



4 For great is the LORD and most worthy of praise;
   He is to be feared above all gods.
5 For all the gods of the nations are idols,
   but the LORD made the heavens.
6 Splendor and majesty are before Him;
   strength and glory are in His sanctuary.



7 Ascribe to the LORD, all you families of nations,
   ascribe to the LORD glory and strength.
8 Ascribe to the LORD the glory due His name;
   bring an offering and come into his courts.
9 Worship the LORD in the splendor of His holiness;
   tremble before Him, all the earth.
10 Say among the nations, “The LORD reigns.”
   The world is firmly established, it cannot be moved; He will judge the peoples with equity.



11 Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad;
   let the sea resound, and all that is in it.
12 Let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them;
   let all the trees of the forest sing for joy.
13 Let all creation rejoice before the LORD, for He comes, He comes to judge the earth.
He will judge the world in righteousness
   and the peoples in His faithfulness.
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!