"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Thursday, January 26, 2012

~His love~



image from google

The other morning I woke up and had a song playing in my head.  It’s a song that someone sang on The Voice and on American Idol the other day.
The part that was in my head was..

‘I just prayed to a God I don’t believe in…
I’m falling to pieces…’

Now these are not in order, but they spoke to me.

I do believe in God. 
I do pray to Him.

But what I heard Him saying was, and this hurts, ‘but do you really believe in Me?  Really trust Me to take care of the things you pray about?  That is why you feel like you are falling to pieces, because when you pray, you don’t really believe I can do it!’


Wow… that hurt!  That really got my attention.  I can pray for others, believe that He will help them but when it comes to myself… for some reason I don’t always believe.

I don’t know if it is because I feel like I am unworthy, or that my requests are so petty.  For small aches and pains, little family arguments… it’s not like I have a severe problem. 

I have to remember though that to Him, big or small, all requests are the same.

22b But if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us.”
23 “‘If you can’?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for one who believes.”
24 Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!” ~ Mark 9: 22b-24

Sometimes I wonder… ‘who am I to be troubling Him?’ I believe, but wonder why He would take the time for my petty things, but for our Father to keep track of our tears.. to have known us before we were born… that He calls us His children… that shows us how much He loves us!  Do we not love our own children?  Do we not want to help them with their problems, big or small?  That’s exactly how He feels about us! 

You keep track of all my sorrows.
You have collected all my tears in your bottle.
You have recorded each one in Your book. ~Psalm 56:8
"I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as My prophet to the nations." ~Jeremiah 1:5
 
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us,21 to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. Ephesians 3:20-21
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!