"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Jesus Calling ~ Day 26


Jesus callingSo.. a friend of mine was/is doing a daily devotional called Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.  I decided to head on over iTunes and see what they had since I had a gift card for iTunes.  They had it so I got it.  I really like it.  The one I got is more like an app than the audible book but I still like it.  I haven’t had it that long but just wanted to share.  I will be posting my daily devotions for a while too since I have nothing much else to write about lately.

Give up the illusion that you deserve a problem-free life.  Part of you is still hungering for the resolution of all difficulties.  This is a false hope!  As I told My disciples, in the world you will have trouble.  Link your hope not to problem solving in this life but to the promise of an eternity of problem-free life in heaven.  Instead of seeking perfection in this fallen world, pour your energy into seeking Me: the Perfect One.

It is possible to enjoy Me and glorify Me in the midst of adverse circumstances.  In fact, My Light shines most brightly through believers who trust Me in the dark.  That kind of trust is supernatural: a production of My indwelling Spirit.  When things seem all wrong, trust Me anyway.  I am much less interested in right circumstances than in right responses to whatever comes your way.

"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." ~John 16:33

Even in darkness light dawns for the upright,
for those who are gracious and compassionate and righteous.
They will have no fear of bad news;
their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the Lord.
Psalm 112: 4,7
Pin It

1 comment:

Jane said...

I love todays lesson. So many people have embraced the "prosperity Gospel" and believe that it's God's job to make our lives here on this earth free of trials and tears. This type of thinking is almost like a slap in the face to our brothers and sisters in Christ around the world who are being martyred for their faith every day. As you've pointed out, God promises trials. If we are not under some type of persecution, we aren't doing our job! I anxiously wait for our eternal home where it will be perfect! Thank you for this great post Nicole! <><

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!