"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Jesus Calling Day 5

Jesus calling
From Jesus Calling: Devotions for Everyday of the Year  by Sarah Young
 



So.. a friend of mine was/is doing a daily devotional called Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.  I decided to head on over iTunes and see what they had since I had a gift card for iTunes.  They had it so I got it.  I really like it.  The one I got is more like an app than the audible book but I still like it.  I haven’t had it that long but just wanted to share.  I will be posting my daily devotions for a while too since I have nothing much else to write about lately.

You can achieve the victorious life through living in deep dependence on me.  People usually associate victory with success, not falling or stumbling, not making mistakes.  But those who are successful in their own strength tend to go their own way, forgetting about Me. It is through problems and failure, weakness and neediness that you learn to rely on Me. 

True dependence is not simply asking Me to bless what you have decided to do.  It is coming to Me with an open mind and heart.  Inviting Me to plant my desires within you.   I may infuse you with a dream that seems far beyond your reach.  You know that in yourself you can not achieve such a goal; thus begins your journey of profound reliance on Me. 

It is a faith walk, taking one step at a time, leaning on Me as much as you need.  This is not a path of continual success but of multiple failures.  However, each failure is followed  by a growth spurt, nourished by increased reliance on me.  Enjoy the blessedness of a victorious life through deepening your dependence on Me
 
Psalm 34:17,18
The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, And delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, And saves such as have a contrite spirit
 
2 Corinthians 5:7
For we walk by faith, not by sight. Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!