"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Monday, January 9, 2012

Jesus Calling Day 9 -

Jesus callingSo.. a friend of mine was/is doing a daily devotional called Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.  I decided to head on over iTunes and see what they had since I had a gift card for iTunes.  They had it so I got it.  I really like it.  The one I got is more like an app than the audible book but I still like it.  I haven’t had it that long but just wanted to share.  I will be posting my daily devotions for a while too since I have nothing much else to write about lately.




I am with you and for you.  When you decide on a course of action that is in line with My will, nothing in Heaven or on earth can stop you.  You may encounter many obstacles as you move toward your goal but don’t be discouraged, never give up!  With my help you can overcome any obstacle.  Do not expect an easy path as you journey hand in hand with Me, but do remember that I, your very present Helper, am omnipotent.  Much stress results from you wanting to make things happen before their time has come.

One of the main ways I assert my Sovereignty is in the timing of events.  If you want to stay close to Me and do things My way, ask Me to show you the path forward, moment by moment. 
Instead of dashing headlong into your goal, let Me set your pace.   Slow down and enjoy the journey in My presence. 
What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? ~Romans 8:31
God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. ~Psalms 46: 1-3

For no word from God will ever fail. ~Luke 1:37 Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!