"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Friday, February 24, 2012

Giving your all

The Holy Spirit took me aside that day and began to convict me and remind me to praise my husband for giving me what he can: “He may not be as good a handyman or mechanic as other husbands, but could you praise him for giving all he has? I know those aren’t big deal, but sometimes that’s all he has. It’s those times when he’s giving you more than all the others.

*Excerpt from: One Year Book of Devotions for Couples by Teresa Ferguson

How many times have we as wives been jealous over someone else’s husband?  How many times have wished our husband did this or that like so and so’s husband?  Those thoughts are such condemning thoughts and not commending thoughts. 

“You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.” ~Exodus 20:16

Even though some of those thoughts are not spoken they are still thought, they are still in our hearts and minds.  They are ‘speaking’ such condemning words over our husbands!! 

My husband, Shane, loves me and I know this.  I have always known he wasn’t a touchy feely person and doesn’t easily express his emotions but the things he does is his way of showing his love.  He is giving me his all!! 

He is a wonderful handyman, can fix pretty much anything household or even vehicle wise.  He is always making sure that my truck, which is a gorgeous 1997 Chevy that I love, is always in tip top shape!  With him doing that, doing the maintenance it needs, it has never left me stranded or gave me a feeling that it wouldn’t be able to bring me and my daughter home safe.  That is Shane giving me his all…

Shane loves me and does his best to provide for this family and protect this family. That is his way of showing how much he loves us!! That is him, giving us everything he has!!

“Truly I tell you,” He said, “this poor widow has put in more than all the others.  All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on.” ~ Luke 21:3,4

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!