"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Friday, February 10, 2012

Jesus Calling ~Feb 10

Jesus callingSo.. a friend of mine was/is doing a daily devotional called Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.  I decided to head on over iTunes and see what they had since I had a gift card for iTunes.  They had it so I got it.  I really like it.  The one I got is more like an app than the audible book but I still like it.

 

Trust Me enough to spend ample time with Me, pushing back the demands of the day.  Refuse to feel guilty about something that is so pleasing to Me, the King of the universe.  Because I am omnipotent, I am able to bend time and events in your favor.  You will find that you can accomplish more in less time, after you have given yourself to Me in rich communion.  Also, as you align yourself with My perspective, you can sort out what is important and what is not. 

Don’t fall into the trap of being constantly on the go.  Many, many things people do in My Name have no value in My kingdom.  To avoid doing meaningless worked, stay in continual communication with Me.  I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you. 

"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but few things are needed—or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her." ~Luke 10:41-42

I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you.

~Psalm 32:8 (NASB)

 

How many times have I been too much like Martha?  I am still there most days.  I need to me a lot more like Mary and sit at His feet and listen to what He has to say!  To have Jesus as our Counselor… there is nothing better!  No One to trust more than the Lord!!

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!