"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Jesus Calling ~Feb 11

My Peace is like a shaft of golden Light shining on you continuously.  During days of bright sunshine, it may blend in with your surroundings.  On darker days, My Peace stands out in sharp contrast to your circumstances.  See times of darkness as opportunities for My Light to shine in transcendent splendor.  I am training you to practice Peace that overpowers darkness.  Collaborate with Me in this training. Do not grow weary and lose heart.

In Him was Life, and the Life was the Light of men.  And the Light shines on in the darkness, for the darkness has never overpowered it [put it out or absorbed it or appropriated it, and is unreceptive to it]. ~John 1:4-5 (AMP)

 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. ~Hebrews 12:3

 

His Peace… there is nothing like it.  I love when I am having trials and I go to Him, He lets me get it off my chest, cry out and sometimes yell out to Him and then there is always this peace… such calmness that comes over me.  It reminds me of being in His arms and He is just holding me whispering that everything will be ok.  I love that!!!  (here’s another verse that is one of my favorites)

"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Jesus callingSo.. a friend of mine was/is doing a daily devotional called Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.  I decided to head on over iTunes and see what they had since I had a gift card for iTunes.  They had it so I got it.  I really like it.  The one I got is more like an app than the audible book but I still like it.

Pin It

1 comment:

Beth Zimmerman said...

Awesome thoughts, Nicole! I really struggle with FEELING God as loving Father. My head, and I suppose heart, saw Him only as Judge or Angry Parent for so long that the change in perception is some times difficult. Getting there though!

Word verification is *restings.* Appropriate, yes?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!