"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Jesus Calling ~ March 1st

When something in your life or thoughts makes you anxious, come to Me and talk about it.  Bring Me your prayer and petition with thanksgiving, saying: “Thank You, Jesus, for this opportunity to trust You more.”  Though the lessons of trust that I send to you come wrapped in difficulties, the benefits far outweigh the cost. 
Well-developed trust will bring you many blessings, no the least of which is My Peace.  I have promised to keep you in perfect Peace to the extent that you trust in Me.  The world has it backwards, teaching that peace is the result of having enough money, possessions, insurance, and security systems.  My Peace, however is such an all-encompassing gift that it is independent of all circumstances.  Though you lose everything else, if you gain My Peace you are rich indeed.


Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. ~Philippians 4:6 (NASB)

You will keep in perfect peace
those whose minds are steadfast,
because they trust in You. ~Isaiah 26:3

 

My Thoughts:

There’s that wonderful word again… Peace!  Ahhh… to have the Peace that only our Lord can give us, there is truly nothing like it!  He gives us peace, not as the world gives but only as He can give!!
I’m telling you, Peace must be His word for me this year because it keeps coming up every where I look!!
I have always loved this verse and it seems like it is my verse for the year!!

Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27

 

Jesus callingSo.. a friend of mine was/is doing a daily devotional called Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. I decided to head on over iTunes and see what they had since I had a gift card for iTunes. They had it so I got it. I really like it. The one I got is more like an app than the audible book but I still like it.

Jesus Calling App

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!