"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Monday, April 2, 2012

God will meet my needs

 

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of His glory in Christ Jesus. ~Philippians 4:19 (NIV)

I just love that verse!  He will meet all my needs!!  What a wonderful promise.  Our Father will always provide for us.

Did you notice that in that verse it said needs, not wants?  God wants us to be happy and He does want to bless us with the things we want too, but He knows what we truly need and will always provide us with that.  Even though at times we may think it is not enough.  It is!

Our Father loves us like His own children.  How many times have we had our children come up and ask for something?  Sometimes we would love to get it for them but honestly, do they really need it?  My daughter is blessed and has sooooo much stuff!  More stuff than when I was little.  Don’t get me wrong, I am thankful that we can do that for her, but she also needs to learn that she doesn’t need every new toy.

We are doing our best to teach our daughter what she truly needs. 

Her needs are:

  • God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit
  • Her Daddy & Mommy
  • family
  • food  (healthy food to help you grow & be strong)
  • a roof over our head with a place to sleep

God will always provide for us so anything else we should not worry about and fret over.  I have done my best to explain to her that it is not just children that struggle with this, even adults have things they want.

I pray for all of us that we will start to Simplify our lives and weed out those wants. 

 

 

Matthew 6:25-34

New International Version (NIV)

Do Not Worry

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[a]?

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith?31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

 

My wonderful friends over at The Imperfect Wives are doing a ‘Simplify Your Life’ challenge so I thought that I would share their link with you. Head on over and check them out. We are learning how to seek God first and how to Simplify our Lives!

simplify banner.2

Pin It

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Just a simple and wondrous "Amen" to this post. It is so comforting and inspiring. Peace be with you and yours.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!