"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Jesus Calling April 12th

Trusting Me is a moment-by-moment choice.  My people have not always understood this truth.  After I performed miracles in the wilderness, My chosen children trusted Me intensely- but only temporarily.  Soon the grumbling began again, testing My patience to the utmost.

Isn’t it often the same way with you?  You trust Me when things go well, when you see Me working on your behalf.  This type of trust flows readily within you, requiring no exertion of your will.  When things go wrong, your trust-flow slows down and solidifies.  You are forced to choose between trusting Me intentionally or rebelling: resenting My ways with you.  This choice constitutes a fork in the road.  Stay on the path of Life with Me, enjoying My Presence.  Choose to trust Me in all circumstances.

 

22 Then Moses led Israel from the Red Sea and they went into the Desert of Shur. For three days they traveled in the desert without finding water. 23 When they came to Marah, they could not drink its water because it was bitter. (That is why the place is called Marah.[a]) 24So the people grumbled against Moses, saying, “What are we to drink?”

25 Then Moses cried out to the LORD, and the LORD showed him a piece of wood. He threw it into the water, and the water became fit to drink.

   There the LORD issued a ruling and instruction for them and put them to the test. ~Exodus 15:22-25

But I trust in you, LORD;
   I say, “You are my God.” ~Psalm 31:14

My thoughts:

I must choose that road that leads to Him, to trust in Him always!   and without grumbling about it!  Thank you Lord for never giving up on me, for always being their to lead me and to take me back!!

 

Jesus callingSo.. a friend of mine was/is doing a daily devotional called Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. I decided to head on over iTunes and see what they had since I had a gift card for iTunes. They had it so I got it. I really like it. The one I got is more like an app than the audible book but I still like it. I am sharing them with everyone because each day is such a wonderful reminder of His love for us!!!

Jesus Calling App

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!