"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Jesus Calling~ April 17th

I am training you in steadiness.  Too many things interrupt your awareness of Me.  I know that you live in a world of sight and sound, but you must not be a slave to those stimuli.  Awareness of Me can continue in all circumstances, no matter what happens.  This is the steadiness I desire for you. 

Don’t let unexpected events throw you off course.  Rather, respond calmly and confidently, remembering that I am with you.  As soon as something grabs your attention, talk with Me about it.  Thus I share your joys and your problems; I help you cope with whatever is before you.  This is how I live in you and work through you.  This is the way of Peace.

 

They will have no fear of bad news;
   their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the LORD. ~Psalm 112:7

Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’

~ Isaiah 41:10 (NKJV)

 

My thoughts: 

Respond to unexpected events calmly and confidently… this is something I really need to work on.  I need to work on not freaking out, not getting frustrated and wanting to scream. (sometimes actually screaming)  That does not show trust in the Lord!! 
I need to bring my troubles all to Him, no matter how small, because He will listen!  That also shows trust in Him.  Not running to my mom, my friend, whomever it may be and talking to them first before even going to our Father!  We need to take everything to Him first!!

 

Jesus callingSo.. a friend of mine was/is doing a daily devotional called Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. I decided to head on over iTunes and see what they had since I had a gift card for iTunes. They had it so I got it. I really like it. The one I got is more like an app than the audible book but I still like it. I am sharing them with everyone because each day is such a wonderful reminder of His love for us!!!

Jesus Calling App

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!