"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Jesus Calling April 5th

Let Me fill you with my Love, Joy, and Peace.  These are Glory-gifts, flowing from my living Presence.  Though you are an earthen vessel, I designed you to be filled with heavenly contents, Your weakness is not a deterrent to being filled with My Spirit; on the contrary, it provides an opportunity for My Power to shine forth more brightly.

As you go through this day, trust Me to provide the strength that you need moment by moment.  Don’t waste energy wondering whether you are adequate for today’s journey.  My Spirit within you is more than sufficient to handle whatever this day may bring.  That is the basis for your confidence!  In quietness (spending time alone with Me) and confident trust (relying on My sufficiency) is your strength.

 

But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the surpassing greatness of the power will be of God and not from ourselves; ~2 Corinthians 4:7 (NASB)

This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says: "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it.~ Isaiah 30:15

 

My thoughts:

I really have nothing much else to say…. all I can say is AMEN!!

 

Jesus callingSo.. a friend of mine was/is doing a daily devotional called Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. I decided to head on over iTunes and see what they had since I had a gift card for iTunes. They had it so I got it. I really like it. The one I got is more like an app than the audible book but I still like it.

Jesus Calling App Pin It

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I googled today's devo and came across your blog! Love what you have to say!!

My Mad World said...

So glad you found the blog! I hope you find something that speaks to you!
Have a great weekend!!

I haven't posted much lately since going back to work.. sorry about that

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!