"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Friday, September 7, 2012

Move, get out of the way!

Moving and getting out of the way… normally this is not a problem for me until it comes to giving up control.

What I mean by that is by getting out of the way I am handing control over to God.  Most people would say this should be no problem, but for those that know me, they know how hard that is for me.  Even if it is to our Lord.

Until I learned to give it all to God I didn’t really have any peace.  Even in our marriage, which I always thought was good, wasn’t really. 

Submitting.. that is the same thing.  Whether I am submitting to God or my husband, its all the same thing.  Submitting to my husband is what our Lord wants.

For wives, this means submit to your husbands as to the Lord. ~ Ephesians 5:22 (NLT)

It is that last part that makes me able to do it easier, just wish it wouldn’t have taken so long for me to figure that part out.

When I finally moved and got out of Shane’s way did I really let him start leading our family.  I started really trusting in him to lead our family.  After all I trust him with my life why not with what he thinks is best with our family?  Why was that part so hard?

I guess it was because I thought I would lose my voice, my opinions wouldn’t matter, but when I finally submitted that is when I felt Shane really started listening to me more.  (he always listened but this time I wasn’t as catty and demanding about my opinions.)

Our marriage hasn’t been this good in a long time!  Submitting isn’t that bad people, it’s really not!  Doesn’t mean he sits around and orders me around, it means I let him be the man that God made him to be!  And in turn our marriage is growing because of it!!

This was my verse of the year.. and so far I am having a peaceful life.  Just gotta do what the verse says!

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.~ John 14:27

 

*images from google search

although Shane never did the top picture, this is what I bet he felt like doing!!
I was searching for a picture of a man pushing a woman behind him, kinda like this picture, just not with someone else attacking them.  lol

And I have used this one before and really love it!

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!