"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Thursday, November 4, 2010

another ramble…..


This is just a little bit of a random rant. ( I guess that’s what you’d call it)
I am trying to constantly stay in the word, reading and studying but I just don’t know how to balance it all and how to deal with the regular stuff and make sure I have that time with our Lord and time to take care of our daughter and the house.  I want to spend all my time learning and worshipping Him but then the daily routine starts and things tend to fall apart.  Still working with my daughter on trying to remind her that she is not the parent that I am, that she needs to learn to listen to me and then she does or says something for what seems like the hundredth time and I am raising my voice at her again.  So how can I be doing what our Lord is trying to teach us if I am losing my temper that easily?  I am trying to teach her that we need to use kind words, not mean words, to talk to each other nicely and then I turn around and yell at her to listen to me, I’ve told you how to do this several times and you still don’t get it!  Why do I have to constantly show you or tell you!?!
She just really knows how to push my buttons!  I don’t know what I/we have done wrong to have her act the way she does.  When we were little we wouldn’t dare say or act like that!  I never thought I would have such a spoiled little child that has no respect for her parents at all!  I know she is only 3 1/2 but she should still know how to act.  So now it is even harder trying to do tough love now.  No I’m not beating her but to her tough love is no TV, time playing in her room or coloring, something besides sitting in front of the TV, and having to clean up every time she is done with something instead of waiting for the end of the day/night. 
It’s not even right of me to sit here and try to make excuses because there is really no excuse for it.  I should have enough control that I do not get that upset and yell at her.  I am always torn between doing things the way I was raised and the way they want things done now.  My mom was so good with us, hardly ever raised her voice but when she did we knew we were in for it.  Swats from her hurt!  I lived through it and think I am a better person for the discipline I got when I was a child.  We never dreamed of tearing up the living room with our toys, jumping around mom when she was on the phone, whining at her because she was cleaning and not letting us watch TV or because she wasn’t putting all her attention on us.  When we were told to go to our room we stayed in our room until she said we could come out and we didn’t kick the doors or the walls!
We have got to figure this out!  She needs to learn that time by yourself without a TV can be a good thing!  I have tried to tell that I need some quiet time to read and to concentrate on what I am reading so she needs to take that time and go to her room and play.  I have also suggested that she could look at her little Bible and if there is a story we haven’t gone over, one that she doesn’t know or has questions then we can go over it after we are done with our quiet time.  I have been trying to get her to keep God and His Son first.  That we need to constantly be talking to Them and thanking Them for all They have done for us!
Guess I am done rambling for now.  So sorry that this has jumped from one thing to another but I have just really been so frustrated lately and just needed to let it out!  My hubby is great but he doesn’t always get it.  Sometimes he thinks that since I am at home then things are a breeze.  Far from it!
I often wonder if God is saying this about me?  How many times He has wanted to say the exact same thing?  It seems like lately every time I ask her, “Why don’t you listen?” there’s a little voice in my head asking me the same thing. 
If you actually read this, then thank you very much!  lol
Here is a great verse I read yesterday from a new blogger friend over at Randomissus had this as her WFW yesterday.  It is a very powerful and it does speak volumes! 
I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.
Revelation 3:15-18

Here’s another post of me ranting abut the same thing…

and this one was from the other day and I really loved the verses in it.
Pin It

5 comments:

Pickel said...

:HUGS: and :LOVE: and :STRENGTH:

Anonymous said...

My friend I know just what you are going through I went through the same things with my 15 year old she is now 23. But it's not easy but what you need is balance..It's amazing how I wrote a devotion today on having balance in ones' life and I come to your site and see you are needing it. You can have your time with God and teach your daughter the key is how to balance all the things in your life. What I have found out in my own life is the things in which I thought was important that needed to be done turned out that I really did not have to do them I had to put some things down and that is what it sounds like with you my friend. For if you don't you will be more overwhelmed then what you are and Jesus does not want you to be overwhelmed. Speak with Jesus and ask Him to help you on what is really important that you must do and the things which aren't lay them aside.
I hope this helps also if you would go and read my devotion for today I know it will bless you. I will be keeping you and your family in prayer .

God bless.

Unknown said...

((BIG HUGS))

I know your feelings; I had the same things with my children. They are testing their independence and it is good that you are realizing what needs to be done...more time with Him. I will be praying for you.
Blessings!

My Mad World said...

Thank you ladies for your kind word of encouragement! Things are going better today. Maybe I just needed to let it all loose! lol
Thanks for being there to let me vent!

We also got a little thing in the mail today I had forgotten I signed up for. Its Keys for Kids Daily Devotionals for Kids. She was so excited to 'read the Bible' today! Yea!!!

Here's the link for that site..

CBH Ministries

MTJ said...

Hi Nicole,

I'm sorry you were having a day of frustration. I think about two things which were mentioned in the post and comments:
1. "They are testing their independence"
2. "...lately every time I ask her, “Why don’t you listen?” there’s a little voice in my head asking me the same thing."

I believe parenting is a reflection of my relationship with God. Our children need to know and understand there are boundaries. The boundaries aren't there to confine or restrict, but to teach them to respect authority and others. This is not an easy lesson for children to learn. It definitely requires patience, commitment and discipline on the part of parents.

Just because you are a SAHM doesn't mean you're on Easy Street. Shane may not be fully aware of the issues you face on a daily basis because he's working outside the home. Try not to take comments like that too personnally because it's spoken from a place of being unaware.

Don't beat yourself up for not keeping pace with a schedule. As someone mentioned, it's so important that we remain balanced, spiritually, emotionally and physically. Assess what is really important in your daily routine and excise what isn't important.

Quit pushing yourself so hard to live up to a perception that may not valid for you. When you feel frustrated, give yourself a moment of quiet time so that you can gather yourself and have your balance.

I'm praying for you my dear sister.

Blessings and peace.

MTJ

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!