"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Monday, November 22, 2010

Jesse Tree

If you read my other blog you prob. saw this on my Crafty Tuesday but wanted to share it here too.
For almost the past month I have been working on my Jesse Tree.  It wasn’t that hard to do but just finding the time to sit down for more than the 15 min Mad would allow me was the hardest thing to do.
I can’t wait to start on this!!  I know it will be good for Maddie and I think it will be good for hubby and I too.  Maddie is very excited to help hang the ornaments too.  She had a fun time finding the right ones today when I was trying to get a decent picture of it.  I think when we start doing it though I will start at the bottom instead of the top like I did for the pictures. 
Here is the link to the Jesse Tree again.  It was a lot of fun to make!
Here is my Jesse Tree. 
019
I had my mom and Sharron out on a mission to find me some cheap material.  Our little town doesn’t have a place that has material except one and she is really expensive.  They were able to find me some green corduroy for about $2 so I was very excited!!  It was the perfect amount too!!
I just cut a giant long triangle, I think about 36” or so, cut 2 pieces of fabric.  I went ahead and put the buttons on first so I didn’t have to worry about going through the other side.  Once that was done I just put it wrong sides together and sewed it up, leaving a little spot on the side to turn it.  I also put a dowel rod in the bottom for extra weight and so it would spread out right.  There is also a pocket on the back with a Velcro closure so that I can hold the extra ornaments and the papers that we will read every day we do it.  Hopefully this will also keep everything together so we can do it every year! 
SANY2559
For the ornaments I printed out 2 sets and then we glued them together and laminated it with the contact paper I still had.  Hopefully that will help them last a little longer too.  Then I just used some red yarn for the loops. 
We get to start on this on Friday!  So excited!  Think we will be doing it in the evening after Shane gets home so we can do it as a family.  He’s not a morning person.  lol
Pin It

1 comment:

Pickel said...

Looks like fun!!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!