"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Sunday, December 19, 2010

I’ve always been a Christian….

Last week my pastor was kinda talking about this.  He said that if you ever ask someone how long they have been a Christian and they say, “I’ve always been a Christian” then they aren’t really a Christian.  That really hit me because I used to say that!  I understand now what he means by it.  True, I grew up in a house that always went to church and always talked about God and Jesus, but I definitely didn’t have the relationship I do have now.  Here’s a link to a little more about that… This is my Story
Even after I was saved as a teenager, I tried really hard to do right, to keep that relationship with our Father strong but I just didn’t do very well.  Once I graduated I kinda did my own little thing, partied a little too much, things like that even though I knew it was wrong and I still prayed, it was nothing like this now. 
I just can’t believe that it took me this long to get it right!  There are a lot of things that brought it about, some are explained in the link above and then there is a little something more I will be writing about later on.  Also reading the Yada Yada Prayer Group series helped me A LOT!  I wanted that kind of relationship with our Father, with my husband, my family and I also wanted to have those kind of friends in Christ too!  I have that with my church family now, but since they are so far away (an hour away) it’s kinda hard to keep in touch and really talk.  It is nice though that a lot are on FB so I do talk to them that way.  It is also nice that I have such great brothers and sisters in the blogging world too!  It’s amazing how much love and support you can get through blogging and emails!  Winking smile 
Anyways, I just thought it was kinda funny when he mentioned that last week and I just wanted to slide down and hide!  lol  I am glad that I finally got it right this time!  I am still a work in progress but in such a better place than I have ever been before!  Thank you Lord for that!! Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!