"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Monday, December 20, 2010

Sometimes a wrong turn is a right one

 

Several months ago, when I was slowly getting back into church and starting a new relationship our Father, I was driving to the store but I took a wrong turn and had to turn around to go in the right direction.  The car in front of me had a bumper sticker on it for a radio station.  All it said was ‘Positive Alternative’ I decided to check it out.  That station was Air1.  I love that station and I truly believe that it also helped me get closer to God.  So many of the songs on there were like they were written for me.  About how I was feeling, about how I was off track and now finally coming back, that Jesus never leaves us and waits patiently for us.  I hardly listen to anything else now!  I just wanted to say that sometimes when something goes bad it can lead to something good!  Thanks Air1 for helping me get back on track!!

Here’s just a few of the songs that really spoke to me!  and still do!  There are so MANY more but this was just a few I found real quick.   

 

 

 

and this is the Verse of the Day that I got from them on Sunday.  Just thought I would share!!

Sunday 12/19/2010

Jesus replied, 'If you only knew the gift God has for you and who you are speaking to, you would ask Me, and I would give you living water.'

~ John 4:10 Pin It

6 comments:

livinginbetween said...

How great that God used a bumper sticker to encourage you! Listening to songs like you've shared is such an encouragement. Encouragement I truly need almost each day. I hardly listen to anything else anymore either (and it's been years ago that I've had a similar experience). Filling my mind with truth through music has been a positive experience!

Blessings to you and the merriest of Christmases!

Desiray said...

This is why we can never put God in a Box! He will use the foolishness of man to shame the wise. Each day there are blessings if we only open our spiritual eyes to see them..Great post sis God got your attention and gave you a message. Have a blessed day

Unknown said...

We have a station like that here too ,, called the joy fm.. and there is nothing better than a little praise and worship music to get you through the day..and it does seem like the song you hear are just when you need them , and just what you needed to hear at the time..
God is Good.
Merry Christmas to you and your family..

mariel said...

That is good stuff! I love the nudges from the Lord that bring sweet encouragement! Have a Merry Christmas!!

MTJ said...

Hi Nicole,

Sometimes it's not the big, bright lights that get our attention, often it is a small inconvenience, a thorn in the flesh that enables me to see what God wants me to see.

It's those moments that have brought about growth and change in my life. I'm thankful to God for that.

I'm also thankful to God for you. Your passion and love for Christ, your family and others is communicated in your writing. You've been a source of encouragement to me. Your honesty, and open candor about your life and walk of faith clearly speak of a desire to please our Lord. Thank you for extending friendship, fellowship and encouragement my way.

Blessings and peace.

MTJ

My Mad World said...

Thank you all so much for your encouraging words! I hope you all have a very blessed Christmas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!