"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Are you ready?

 

reading-bible-blue

Be ready at all times to answer anyone who asks you to explain the hope you have in you, but do it with gentleness and respect. ~ 1 Peter 3:15b-16

I don’t know why this is sometimes hard for me to do.  Sure it’s easy for me to write about it or put something on FB but when it comes to doing it face to face to someone that is when I just don’t know how to do it.  It’s not that I am ashamed to be a Christian its just that I think I am afraid of conflict or someone asking me a question that I just won’t know how to answer.  Like, “How do you know the Bible is true?”  I really don’t know how to answer that other than it is just something I have faith in and for me I know it is true.  So many people try to change your beliefs too by just throwing you some really wild questions, trying to make me stumble and say, “I don’t know”  To me when they are doing that and I say, “I don’t know” then that is telling them that I also have doubts or that I am not strong enough in my faith to have an answer for them. 

For those that have never really walked this walk it is really hard to explain.  For me knowing that God is our Father, that gave His one and only Son to die for us so that we could be free, is all I can say.  That is all I know!  That Jesus was an amazing man and Teacher, and a great example that many of us should do our best to follow.  It just gives me peace to believe, to have my Father to go to for anything, to put all my problems in His hands and trust that things will come out like He has planned.  That’s about the only way I can explain it.  I have also been praying on this scripture too…

Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel,  for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.~ Ephesians 6:19

I want to make sure that I please my Father when someone asks, that I do tell them respectably and gently and fearlessly.  This is something that I will continue to pray on and hope that the next time a situation comes up I won’t be quiet but I will fearlessly tell them about our Father and His magnificent Son!  I pray this for all of you too.

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!