"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Monday, February 7, 2011

I hope you keep P.U.S.Hing!

 037

You know it's been awful here in OK, (and many other states) Monday overnight we got 10 inches of snow!  Then on Friday it snowed another 2 inches on top of that.  Most of the state was shut down on Tuesday and Wednesday advising everyone to stay home. Shane went to work for a bit on Wednesday, a little longer on Thursday and then Friday he went all day. Well  I hadn't heard from Shane all day on Friday and was kinda worried.  I pray for him everyday he leaves for work but this week I really prayed and wanted him home safe. 

He was on I-35 and he said that it was dry, then it turned to wet, he kicked off his cruise control so he could get ready incase it got worse and then it did.  It went to ice! 

In front of him was some cars and a semi, behind him another semi and some cars.. the cars in front started losing control and the semi tried to stop but jack knifed.  Shane tried to put on his brakes but they just weren't getting any traction on that ice.  He saw the semi behind him starting to jack knife and then he had to decide what to do.  He went for the ditch because that was better than being a semi sandwich, tried to hit the rumble strip to get more traction.  The back part of the van was in the ditch and the front was on the road.. he made it through that and then the cars that started the wreck were still up front.  He had to maneuver through them too! 

He said everything slowed down, like in the movies.  I told him that was God slowing it down so he could figure out what to do!  He said," yeah I guess.  That's proof I do have a guardian angel, but I know it's not Randy because he couldn't drive in this stuff!"  Smile I just told him again that I pray for him everyday he leaves for work, that God will bring him home safe and Friday He did just that! 

That got him thinking... so I am hoping that God is continuing to show Shane the wonderful things that only He can do!   That to me is God's work! 

I just love it when you keep P.U.S.Hing, you know, Praying Until Something Happens!?!

Psalm 4:1
Answer me when I call to you, O my righteous God. Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer. 

John 14:13-14
I will do whatever you ask in My name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask Me for anything in My name, and I will do it

1 John 5:14-15
"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of Him"

Philippians 4:6-7
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus"


Pin It

2 comments:

Desiray said...

Praise God thank you for sharing that testimony on your site. You shared it with me on the weekend and me and my husband are still rejoicing for you and your hubby ..God bless sis

We have to always keep pushing " Praying Until Something Happens

Michelle said...

Praise God he wasn't hurt in that mess. Sounds like hubby is in good hands.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!