"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Friday, April 29, 2011

His Word Friday- Second chance

this time it's not just His word, I had to talk :)


I am so thankful that our Lord gives us second chances.  That He knows our heart, knows we love Him and even when we mess up, He still knows how much we do love Him and that we are still human and will make mistakes.

I have always loved the Gospel of John, once I watched the movie I loved it that much more!  It really helps you to understand the emotion behind what He is trying to teach us.  

There is one part in the Gospel that I just didn’t fully understand until my friend Cherie explained it.  I didn’t even have to ask, it just came up on her show one day.

This part I get…
Peter said to Him, "Lord, why can I not follow you now? I will lay down my life for you." Jesus answered, '’Will you lay down your life for me? Truly, truly, I say to you, the rooster will not crow till you have denied me three times.” ~ John 13:37-38

Then later, a lot later…
Jesus and Peter
When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter,  "Simon, son of John, do you love Me more than these?" He said to Him, "Yes, Lord; You know that I love You." He said to him, "Feed my lambs." 

He said to him a second time, "Simon, son of John, do you love Me?"  He said to Him, "Yes, Lord; You know that I love You." He said to him,  "Tend my sheep."

He said to him the third time, "Simon, son of John, do you love Me?" Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, "Do you love Me?" and he said to Him, "Lord, You know everything; You know that I love You." Jesus said to him, "Feed my sheep. Truly, truly, I say to you, when you were young, you used to dress yourself and walk wherever you wanted, but when you are old, you will stretch out your hands, and another will dress you and carry you where you do not want to go." (This He said to show by what kind of death he was to glorify God.) And after saying this He said to him,  "Follow Me." ~ John 21:15-19

I always wondered why Jesus was asking Peter 3 times how much he love Him.  Now I totally get it!  Jesus was giving Peter that 2nd chance to show how much He loves Jesus!  Now when I read it I cry every time!!  

Jesus is just so amazing.  He went through so much, and He still never sinned.  Never said a bad word to the people that were killing Him.  

Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.~ Luke 23:34

How many of us could do that?  Could ask our Father to forgive the people that are being hateful to us, killing us?

Jesus is the only One that is full of second chances.  He (and our Father) love us unconditionally!  He is full of second chances for us, and I am so thankful for that!!!
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!