"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Do not forget the Lord

Image2
I have been reading the bible from the start, something I have never done.  I have read many books of the bible but never the whole thing. 

Right now I am in Deuteronomy and I just wanted to share this.  Of course all the books, chapters, verses are good but something in this chapter spoke to me.  I wanted to post the whole thing but it is so long… might add the rest to the bottom of the post for those that want to read it all. 

The Lord tests us to make sure that we do love Him and will keep His commandments.  He shows us that we can not live on bread alone but we need to live on His word.  Only His word will fill us up and give us that peace we are searching for. 

He tests us…

He feeds us….

He disciplines us….

He loves us….

He brings us to the promise land….

all He asks is that we love Him back, praise Him for what He has given us and obey His commandments.  Shouldn’t be that hard but there are times we all fall, but thank the Lord He is there to pick us back up!! (highlights are mine)

Image4

"Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you."
2 Thessalonians 3:16
Pin It

1 comment:

Toyin O. said...

I love these verses, thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!