"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Friday, May 20, 2011

James 3- Taming the Tongue

015

I posted about this last week, on the first part of James 3, Taming the Tongue.  Here’s the link to that..

Taming the Tongue

James 3:13-18

Two kinds of Wisdom

 
13 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. 14 But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. 15 Such “wisdom” does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. 16 For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice.

17 But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. 18Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.

 

This is another thing that I and a lot of the world need to work on… there is too much envy out there, too much self ambition. 

The envy- everyone always wanting something someone else has.  To be the one with the best stuff.  And that is just what it is… stuff. 

I try to teach Maddie the difference between wanting and needing.  Too many people get stuff just because they want it or just because it is the ‘new, in’ thing.  (believe me, I sometimes get sucked into it too…)

Self-Ambition - Always doing for yourself, never wanting to help others out because it might take too much time, might make your grow a little and humble yourself.  Something I think this world needs to do a little more often!

Doing what you want to make yourself the ‘top’ person, appreciated by your job, but taking more time away from your family.  Taking away the person you were at one time…

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!