"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Thursday, July 14, 2011

According to Him

 
I usually don’t post songs that aren’t Christian on here but I was watching ‘The Voice’ and I really liked this song by Pink, Perfect (this is the clean version) I have been kinda struggling with what she is talking about in the song and I just loved how upbeat it is but for some reason, almost every time I hear it I tear up.  So…. I guess there are some things there I need to work on.  It’s like it is God talking to me, telling me I am perfect to Him!!

Here’s some of the lyrics, you can Google it if you haven’t heard it before.
Perfect- Pink

Pretty, pretty please
Don’t you ever, ever feel
Like you’re less than
Less than perfect

Pretty, pretty please
If you ever, ever feel
Like you’re nothing
You are perfect to me

You’re so mean
When you talk
About yourself
You are wrong
Change the voices
In your head
Make them like you
Instead

Then… Maddie was wanting to listen to some other music and was listening to my iPod with some older songs I still had on it and this other song made me also think that it could be a Christian song too. 

According to you-Orianthi (first part of song)

According to you I'm stupid, I'm useless
I can't do anything right
According to you I'm difficult, hard to please
Forever changing my mind

I'm a mess in a dress, can't show up on time
Even if it would save my life
According to you, according to you

But according to him I'm beautiful, incredible
He can't get me out of his head
According to him I'm funny, irresistible
Everything he ever wanted

Everything is opposite, I don't feel like stopping it
So baby tell me what I got to lose
He's into me for everything I'm not
According to you

These words are also some things that always go through my head.  Some, yes, have been said to me, and others, just because of the lovely comments I got all growing up, are just stuck in my head from either back then or just me believing what others used to say.  I have been doing my best to not listen to the voices (the devil) in my head telling me I’m worthless, I’m nothing.  With prayer and God’s help I will begin to see myself the way He see’s me!!!

manonfire1988-jesus-and-woman

I’m beautiful, incredible, I’m funny and irresistible, everything He ever wanted!!!


*image found through Google images Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!