"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Serving Joyfully

Now I have to admit there are times I don’t do this.  Times I am mumbling under my breath as I watch my hubby kick back & watch the race, or football game.  When I watch my daughter run around playing & destroying what I just cleaned up. 

I feel like I have no time for myself & worse, no time or me and my Father!  I have to remind myself to be joyful.  These are the ones that the Lord gave me.  The Lord knows I am a list maker, scheduler & have to know what is coming next.

So for Him to give me a husband, and daughter, that is TOTALLY opposite, the fly by the seat of your pants type, I believe He did this to help teach me.  Help teach me patience, endurance, help build my strength!  

I may not get the time I want with my Father but through this challenge, I am continuously talking to Him throughout my day.  Taking my grumblings to Him Smile

Now don’t get me wrong, I still want to have my closet time & I am slowly getting that now that my daughter is in PreK.  God knows my heart, He know I long for ‘our’ time.  He knows that I do love my family, that I am thankful my daughter is healthy enough to run around, be loud and destroy things.  That my husband has a good job & works hard and loves that he can kick back & I will take care of the household stuff while he recharges.  It is his time to unwind and not worry about the outside problems. 

When I find that I am not serving as joyfully as I should, then I have to remind myself of all that we do have.  And that it is also alright for me to take time for myself without feeling guilty.  Time where I can replenish my spirit so I will come back & be more joyful as I serve! 

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. ~ Matthew 6:6

Remember, even Jesus went off alone and prayed.

But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed.~ Luke 5:16
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!