"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Draw close to Him


*image from Google search


Yesterday I was talking about favoritism.  I know so many think that God does show it.. how can this person hear Him, why does this person seem to have everything!


There are these ladies that I just love… I am sure you have all heard me speak of them. Winking smile  The Imperfect Wives.

I and I am sure so many out there, have thought, “I want to be like them” to have that great relationship with our Father.  To hear Him, and know it is Him and not wonder if it is you or who it is speaking in your head and heart. 

The only way to have that is to fully put God first.  To love Him unconditionally the way He loves us.  To spend time with Him, just Him, not time with Him on the computer.  Time with Him, and His book!  Do it daily, open your heart to Him, let Him in and give all of yourself to Him!

You can be on the computer and try to justify it because you are talking with fellow Christians, you are using YouVersion and Bible Gateway, (which are good in ways) and all the other biblical search engines and blogs out there… but if you aren’t physically in His book, touching His word, searching for yourself and writing it down… it won’t stick!  You need to be having your closet time with your Father, just you and Him!!!  No other distractions, (and yes being a mom that is hard) but you have to do your best to find that time… do it!! 

Like the verse above says…

 Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. ~James 4:8a ESV

Then and only then, when you are seeking Him out, coming close to Him, putting Him first, will you have that relationship you seek.  You must study His word, write it down, you must do it secretly   So, if you want to have Him close to you, you first have to get close to Him!

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.~Matthew 6:6
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!