"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Jesus Calling Day 11


Jesus callingSo.. a friend of mine was/is doing a daily devotional called Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.  I decided to head on over iTunes and see what they had since I had a gift card for iTunes.  They had it so I got it.  I really like it.  The one I got is more like an app than the audible book but I still like it.  I haven’t had it that long but just wanted to share.  I will be posting my daily devotions for a while too since I have nothing much else to write about lately.


Trust Me by relinquishing control into My hands, let go and recognize that I am God.  This is My world.  I made it and I control it.  Yours is a responsive part in the litany of love.  I search among my children for receptivity to Me.  Guard well this gift I have planted in your heart.  Nurture it with the light of My presence. 
When you bring Me prayer requests, lay out your concerns before Me. Speak to Me candidly,pour out your heart.  Then thank Me for the answers that I have set in motion, long before you can discern results. 

When your requests come to mind again, continue to thank Me for the answers that are on the way. If you keep on stating your concerns to Me, you will live in a state of tension.  When you thank Me for how I am answering your prayers, your mindset becomes much more positive. 

Thankful prayers keep your focus on My presence and My promises.

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
   I will be exalted among the nations,
   I will be exalted in the earth.”

~Psalm 46:10


Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. ~Colossians 4:2
His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness. Through these He has given us His very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. ~2 Peter 1: 3 & 4 Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!