"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Jesus Calling day 6 & 7


Jesus calling
So.. a friend of mine was/is doing a daily devotional called Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.  I decided to head on over iTunes and see what they had since I had a gift card for iTunes.  They had it so I got it.  I really like it.  The one I got is more like an app than the audible book but I still like it.  I haven’t had it that long but just wanted to share.  I will be posting my daily devotions for a while too since I have nothing much else to write about lately.


Day 6-
I am able to do far beyond all that you ask or imagine.  Come to Me with positive expectations, knowing that there is no limit to what I can accomplish.  Ask My Spirit to control your mind, so that you can think great thoughts of Me.  Do not be discouraged by the fact that so many of your prayers are yet unanswered.  Time is a trainer, teaching you to wait upon Me, to trust me in the dark.  The more extreme your circumstances the more likely you are to see My power and glory at work in this situation.  Instead of letting difficulties draw you into worrying try to view them as setting the scene for My glorious intervention.  Keep your eyes and your mind wide open to all that I am doing in your life.

Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
~Ephesians 3:20&21
 
The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace.
~Romans 8:6

Even youths grow tired and weary,
   and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
   will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
   they will run and not grow weary,
   they will walk and not be faint.
~Isaiah 40: 30 & 31

Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, saying:
   “To Him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb
   be praise and honor and glory and power,
for ever and ever!”
~Revelation 5:13

Day 7-
It is impossible to praise or thank Me too much.  As it written I inhabit the praises of My people. Sometimes your adoration is a of joy, in response to radiant beauty or rich blessings.  At other times your praise is more disciplined and measured, an act of your will.  I dwell equally in both types of praise.  Thankfulness also is a royal road to draw near me.  A thankful heart has plenty of room for Me.  When you thank Me for the many pleasures I provide, you affirm that I am God, from whom all blessings flow.  When adversity strikes and you thank Me anyway.  Your trust in my sovereignty is a show piece in invisible realms.  Fill up your spare moments of your life with praise and thanksgiving.  This joyous discipline will help you live in the intimacy of my presence.

Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One;
   you are the one Israel praises.
~Psalm 22: 3

Praise the LORD.
   Praise the LORD, my soul.
I will praise the LORD all my life;
   I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.
~Psalm 146:1 & 2

give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.  ~1 Thessalonians 5:18
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!