"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Jesus Calling ~ Feb 16th

Thank Me for the conditions that are requiring you to be still.  Do not spoil these quiet hours by wishing them away, waiting impatiently to be active again.  Some of the greatest works in My kingdom have been done from sick beds and prison cells.  Instead of resenting the limitations of a weakened body, search for My way in the midst of these very circumstances.  Limitations can be liberating when your strongest desire is living close to Me.
Quietness and trust enhance your awareness of My Presence with you.  Do not despise these simple ways of serving Me.  Although you feel cut off from the activity of the world, your quiet trust makes a powerful statement in spiritual realms.  My Strength and Power show themselves most effective in weakness.

Be still before the Lord, all mankind, because He has roused Himself from His holy dwelling." ~Zechariah 2:13

 

This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says:
"In repentance and rest is your salvation,
in quietness and trust is your strength,
but you would have none of it. ~Isaiah 30:15

 

But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me!~2 Corinthians 12:9 (Amp)

2 Corinthians 12:9  This is another one of my favorites!!  The Imperfect Wives… this is their verse and mine too!!  His Grace is sufficient for me!  His power and strength… are made perfect in my weakness!!  Love that!!  I have used this for awhile now.. to help me through those hard times.  It’s in those hard times that I lean on Him more and more because He is strong when I am weak!  He is strong all the time!!

The beginning of this where He is telling us to be thankful for the conditions that are requiring us to be still and how we are waiting impatiently to be active again, I have been there.  I am finally learning that maybe I do just need to be still.  That there is a reason for this season He is giving me to just be still!  (and He knows how hard that is for me to be still!)  So I will be still and wait patiently on Him!!

 

Jesus callingSo.. a friend of mine was/is doing a daily devotional called Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.  I decided to head on over iTunes and see what they had since I had a gift card for iTunes.  They had it so I got it.  I really like it.  The one I got is more like an app than the audible book but I still like it.

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!