"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Jesus Calling ~ Feb 18

I am with you.  These four words are like a safety net, protecting you from falling into despair.  Because you are human, you will always have ups and downs in your life experience.  But the promise of My Presence limits how far down you can go.  Sometimes you may feel as if you are in a free fall, when people or things you had counted on let you down.  Yet as soon as you remember that I am with you, your perspective changes radically.  Instead of bemoaning your circumstances, you can look to Me for help.  You recall that not only am I with you, I am holding you by your right hand.  I guide you with My counsel, and afterward I will take you into Glory.  This is exactly the perspective you need: the reassurance of My Presence, and the glorious hope of heaven.

The LORD your God is with you,
   the Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you;
   in His love He will no longer rebuke you,
   but will rejoice over you with singing.”

~Zephaniah 3:17

 

Yet I am always with You;
   You hold me by my right hand.
24 You guide me with Your counsel,
   and afterward You will take me into glory.
25 Whom have I in heaven but You?
   And earth has nothing I desire besides You.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
   but God is the strength of my heart
   and my portion forever.

~Psalm 73:23-26

 

What promises!  Oh, how He loves us!  He is always with us and will never leave us!  He will guide us and bring us to Glory!  Amen to that!  That is such a comfort to me!!

 

Jesus callingSo.. a friend of mine was/is doing a daily devotional called Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.  I decided to head on over iTunes and see what they had since I had a gift card for iTunes.  They had it so I got it.  I really like it.  The one I got is more like an app than the audible book but I still like it.

Pin It

3 comments:

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

LOVe that Scripture from Psalms, especially verse 25 :) :) Have a great weekend. Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

Unknown said...

I love the way that Jesus is always everywhere no matter where we follow Him or where we decide to take ourselves. He is always there to pick us back up. The depth of His love is unimagineable and indescribable. But i assure you that the peace that passes all undestanding will rest in your heart and soul, consume your entire spirit and presence when you hold Jesus hand and walk in His will. God bless evryone who comes across this today.

My Mad World said...

Amen!! I'm so thankful for His peace, His love, His patience with us and His everlasting faithfulness!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!