"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Friday, February 3, 2012

Jesus Calling ~Feb 3

Jesus callingSo.. a friend of mine was/is doing a daily devotional called Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.  I decided to head on over iTunes and see what they had since I had a gift card for iTunes.  They had it so I got it.  I really like it.  The one I got is more like an app than the audible book but I still like it.   


I am with you and for you.  You face nothing alone---nothing!  When you feel anxious, know that you are focusing on the visible world and leaving Me out of the picture.  The remedy is simple: Fix your eyes not on what is seen but on what is unseen.  Verbalize your trust in Me, the Living One who sees you always.  I will get you safely through this day and all your days.  But you can find Me only in the present.  Each day is a precious gift from My Father.  How ridiculous to grasp for future gifts when today’s is set before you!  Receive today’s gift gratefully, unwrapping it tenderly and delving into its depths.  As you savor this gift, you find Me.

What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?~Romans 8:31

while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal. ~2 Corinthians 4:18

So she called the name of the Lord Who spoke to her, You are a God of seeing, for she said, Have I [not] even here [in the wilderness] looked upon Him Who sees me [and lived]? Or have I here also seen [the future purposes or designs of] Him Who sees me?14  Therefore the well was called Beer-lahai-roi [A well to the Living One Who sees me]; it is between Kadesh and Bered. ~Genesis 16:13-14(AMP)

What a wonderful reminder of how we need to stay focused on Him and not the things of this world.  When we are having problems we need to take them to Him and learn to trust in Him, to let Him take it from us and help us walk through it!!  And to remember that each day is a gift, to stop worry about tomorrow but just enjoy the gift of today!!!
Pin It

2 comments:

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Amen! Don't worry, I need that reminder

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

LOVe the Scripture verses...It's promise after promise after promise ;) :) It's amazing to see what God can do, when we let Him work in our lives ;) :) :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!