"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Monday, March 19, 2012

Jesus Calling March 20th

Thank Me for the glorious gift of y Spirit.  This is like priming the pump of a well.  As you bring Me the sacrifice of thanksgiving, regardless of your feelings, My Spirit is able to work more freely within you.  This produces more thankfulness and more freedom, until you are overflowing with gratitude.

I shower blessings on you daily, but sometimes you don’t perceive them.  When your mind is stuck on a negative focus, you see neither Me nor My gifts.  In faith, thank Me for whatever is preoccupying your mind.  This will clear the blockage so that you can find Me.

 

Now the One who has fashioned us for this very purpose is God, who has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come. ~2 Corinthians 5:5

 

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. ~2 Corinthians 3:17

 

Sacrifice thank offerings to God,
   fulfill your vows to the Most High, ~Psalm 50:14

 

My thoughts:

So very true about how He showers blessings on us but we don’t perceive them.  How many times have we begged for a simple day?  A day without any arguing from our children, a day where we get along with our spouses like we did when we were dating?  Then the times we get it we don’t always remember to give thanks to our Father for His blessing! 
Those are His blessings… for the times He knows we are so tired, so weary, and want that simple, wonderful, loving day.  He provides it for us! 

He has been blessing our family with these wonderful, simple, loving days for a while know.  At first I forgot to even give Him thanks!  I really hate to admit that but I did.  Now I know that I need to remember to thank Him for those simple things.  They mean the world to me so they aren’t really simple.  Smile  There is such a peace in our house right now and I am loving it!  Thank you so much Daddy for this!  It only comes from You!!!

 

Jesus callingSo.. a friend of mine was/is doing a daily devotional called Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. I decided to head on over iTunes and see what they had since I had a gift card for iTunes. They had it so I got it. I really like it. The one I got is more like an app than the audible book but I still like it.

Jesus Calling App

Pin It

2 comments:

Jane said...

I pray so often for things like safe travel, good fellowship with friends, a good doctor appt. etc. Then when these prayers are answered, I sometimes forget to thank Him! I'm ashamed to say that when I want something from God...I always ask, but I don't always show my appreciation in return. I need to work on this!

Beth Zimmerman said...

I'm praying that since He knows my heart He also understands that there are days when I am so beaten down that the only cry my heart can manage is "help!" I guess that's when the utterances of the Spirit chime in ... filling our empty spaces when all we can see is pain. I know the grace is there. Just having trouble really grabbing on to it today!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!