"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Thursday, April 26, 2012

I am the Samaritan Woman!

*image found with google image search

I am the Samaritan woman!  (John 4: 1-26)  Jesus loves me unconditionally!!  He will sit with me and look at me with nothing but love, no matter what I have done in the past or what I am doing now.  He will always love me and always want me to do better.  He lovingly tells me what He wants me to do, to trust Him.  To listen to Him no matter what He is asking me to do.  He will not give me something I cannot do no matter what it is, or how it hurts me right now, if I will just let go of my own thoughts... then He will be there as I walk with Him and do what I need to do!! 

I was listening to The Imperfect Wives radio show from Tuesday today since I missed it and they talked about the Samaritan woman and also mentioned some scripture from 1 John.  It really spoke to me today.

1John 4 is so powerful!  I love it all but this is what has been speaking to me as I was reading through it.  What is touching me in the trials I am dealing with right now. 


You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the One who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. ~1 John 4:4 (NIV)

 

This is how we know that we live in Him and He in us: He has given us of His Spirit.~1 John 4:13 (NIV)


And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. ~1 John 4:16 (NIV)


This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus. ~
1 John 4:17 (NIV)

 

Even now the one who reaps draws a wage and harvests a crop for eternal life, so that the sower and the reaper may be glad together.~John 4:36 (NIV)

That last verse... speaking to me about starting this new job, (will explain more later on that) even though I was fighting it, my Father knows what is best for me.  What will bring me to eternal life for listening to Him and obeying Him! 

Listening to God in this situation is bringing my husband and I closer.  My husband knows how hard this will be not seeing my daughter and him in the evenings, but my husband is happier, a weight has been lifted from his shoulders knowing that we have more security with me getting this job. 

I will sacrifice for our family and I know that God will be there for me.  This is the biggest step in submission for me.  Submitting to my husband as to the Lord!!

Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. ~Ephesians 5:22

Pin It

2 comments:

Jane said...

I will pray that you will fit in well at your new job, and you will have peace about your new schedule with your family. God Bless.

Unknown said...

Hi! :-)
I just wanted to swing on by your *lovely* blog to let you know about some news regarding my old blog that you follow, Below the Plateau (www.belowtheplateau.blogspot.com)
I stopped blogging on Below the Plateau last year, and decided to start up a brand new blog. It is named Gabby Marie, and I would *love* for you to stop on by and take a peek! Here is the url { http://gabby-marie.blogspot.com }
Hope to see you there!

Have a great day and God bless,
Shannon

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!