"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Jesus Calling~ April 22

LISTEN TO ME CONTINUALLY.  I have much to communicate to you, so many people and situations in need of prayer.  I am training you to set your mind on Me more and more, tuning out distractions through the help of My Spirit.

Walk with Me in holy trust, responding to My initiatives rather than trying to make things fit your plans.  I died to set you free, and that includes freedom from compulsive planning.  When your mind spins with a multitude of thoughts, you cannot hear My voice.  A mind preoccupied with planning pays homage to the idol of control.  Turn from the idolatry back to Me.  Listen to Me and live abundantly!

 

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. ~John 8:36

Many are the plans in a person’s heart,
        but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails.              ~Proverbs 19:21

My sheep listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow Me.~John 10:27

My thoughts:

This comes at a very appropriate time in my life. I really need to trust in Him and stop trying to make things fit my plans.  This new step that I am about to take, I must trust that He is in control of it and that everything will work out.  I pray that I will stop listening to the voices in my head and start listening to His voice and follow Him!

 

Jesus callingSo.. a friend of mine was/is doing a daily devotional called Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. I decided to head on over iTunes and see what they had since I had a gift card for iTunes. They had it so I got it. I really like it. The one I got is more like an app than the audible book but I still like it. I am sharing them with everyone because each day is such a wonderful reminder of His love for us!!!

Jesus Calling App

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!