"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Friday, April 13, 2012

Later


Why is it that I say, ‘I’ll do this later, I’ll read that later’ and then never do it?  The worst is that I complain that I never have time to spend alone with my Father but I do.  I just stupidly put dirty dishes and the house before Him.  Really!?! 

That is so hard to say but it is true.  I want to spend time alone with my Lord and I have that time while my daughter is in school but what do I do?  I get on the computer and head over to Facebook. 

15 Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. 16 For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. 17 The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever. ~ 1 John 2:15-17


Why do I put FB above my Father?  There are some good things about FB, the best thing is The Imperfect Wives and the groups they have but can I really justify that over my Father?  After all that is what they are teaching us.. to put God first!! 
"No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money." ~Luke 16:13

I know He wants us to love each other, to pray for each other, to share each others burdens but when I start to put them, or my own life above God that is not a good thing. 

Later.. later… later… and that later never comes… I think now needs to be later!
Praying for everyone that has ever said later to God.  Praying that we will all find a way to put Him first again!

Trust the Lord completely; don't ever trust yourself. In everything you do, put God first, and He will direct you and crown your efforts with success. ~Proverbs 3:5-6

He will keep in perfect peace all those who trust in Him, whose thoughts turn often to the Lord! Trust in the Lord always, for in the Lord, Jehovah, is your everlasting strength. ~Isaiah 26:3-4
 
*image found on google search
Pin It

1 comment:

Jane said...

I find myself doing the same thing (more often than I want to admit). I am so thankful that the Lord never runs out of love and patience with me! Oh how I look forward to the day that everyone will give our King the glory He deserves! Thank you Nicole...have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!