"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Thursday, April 12, 2012

A letter to my husband


*image found from google search

Loving Man,

I am so happy that when I look at you I can still feel like a newlywed wife.  I get so happy and excited when I see you!  So thankful that love and excitement is still there!!  Thank you for all that you have done, for putting up with me when I wasn’t worth putting up with.  Thank you for your patience with me, for letting me find myself.

I am so proud to have you as my husband, so honored that you chose me! You are truly an amazing man with so many gifts! You can look at pretty much anything and see what needs to be done to fix it! When you can’t you simply read the manual and it gets fixed! Something I could never do. You say you hate reading but you just hate to read normal books, when it comes to history or anything you are passionate about, you will study on it and learn all there is to know about it! I love that about you!

I love how gentle you are.. not just with me, but how gentle you can be with our daughter.  I thought I would be the gentle one and you would be the rougher one but a majority of the time it’s the other way around!  I thank you for that, for being gentle with her when I’m not.  We compliment ourselves in our parenting.  Where you are stronger I am weaker and the other way around.  We are truly blessed to have such an amazing little girl!

Thank you for letting me learn what it means to truly love God, to put Him first because that is what He wants!  That is what has changed me in so many ways.  I have learned that by submitting to you I am submitting to the Lord.  The things I thought I needed I don’t really need.  They were just simply selfish little wants.  Do I really need another top or purse to go with my fifteen others that I don’t use or wear?  No, I don’t.

What I truly needed was to let you be the leader of this house, of this relationship and stop trying to blindside you all the time.  Stop trying to get my way in everything like a little child!  To learn to take responsibility for my mistakes and not try to worm my way out of it by blaming someone or something else.

I love the fact that you are strong enough to hold your tongue.  That you never complain about anything!  You are such a strong man in so many ways, but holding your tongue in so many situations shows me how really strong you are!

So many times you could have said more than you did, like I unfortunately did to you way too often, but you restrained.  You were strong enough to just walk away, when I just thought you were being mean by not wanting to settle it then and there.  You didn’t want to put up with anymore screaming and yelling and say something you might regret. 

Please forgive me Shane for all the things I said to you and have done in the past.  Words hurt just as much as anything else.  They are life and death in a marriage.
I am so thankful for all the changes that we have had to go through to get where we are.  They have made our marriage stronger and made us as individuals a lot stronger too. 

I just wanted to say I am so sorry for the past mistakes I have made and so thankful for your support in helping me grow into a stronger woman, wife and mother!  You were my best friend before we got together, and will always be my best friend.  I love you honey more than you will ever know!

Love you, always & forever
Nicole

Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!