"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Monday, June 18, 2012

Forgive and Forget

Forgive

 

People say that all the time but it is so hard for us as humans to do.  How many times have we said that to people?  To someone that has hurt us over and over again but if we do forgive we don’t forget.  Why is that?  Why can’t we be like our Father and just forget?  When someone has hurt us again, we’ve given them so many chances that we just give up on them. 

Matthew 18:21-22 (NIV)

The Parable of the Unmerciful Servant

21 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?”

22 Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.


Our Father is much better than that.  He not only forgives… no matter how many times we ask for it, even when it’s about the same thing, He forgives and forgets!  Never brings it up to us the next time we fail and come asking for forgiveness again. 

Hebrews 8:12 (NIV)

For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."

I pray that God will help me to be able to forgive and forget!  To really and truly forget so that I won’t have it there, keeping score for the next time.  I am so thankful that our Father does that for us!

*image found from Pinterest

Pin It

2 comments:

Tammi P. said...

I struggle with this sometimes and it is something I have been working on!

My Mad World said...

Thank you ladies for stopping by!

Tammi, I struggle with this all the time and pray that I will get better at it. It's so hard at times but I am so thankful that our Father can do that for us!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!