"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Thursday, February 10, 2011

God is Awesome!

Most of you that have been reading my blog faithfully know about our friend Randy.  Shane had still been having some problems with guilt about it all.  A few weeks ago I went to visit Randy’s grave and I kinda talked to him & prayed.  I asked if there was some way for him to please let Shane know that it wasn’t his fault, that we did all we could do to help him out, to come and let Shane know that everything was fine, he wasn’t mad. 

A few days after that Shane told me he had a really long dream about Randy.  That Randy came to see him and that Shane finally got some closure.  Randy told him that it wasn’t his fault, that Shane tried to help him all he could and told Shane that he didn’t expect him to lose his family, to either come and help him or to join in with him.  Shane told me that he had such a weight lifted off his shoulders.  That he finally got some closure and he felt so much better!

I was so excited I started to cry.  I told Shane about going to visit with Randy, talking to him and that I had been continuously praying for him to get some closure.  He is doing a lot better and is finally coming to terms with it.  I thank God for that!!!

The power of prayer is just amazing and God is so awesome!!

 

"I waited patiently for the LORD; and He inclined unto me, and heard my cry."

Psalm 40:1

 

Hear my cry, O God;
   listen to my prayer.

From the ends of the earth I call to you,
   I call as my heart grows faint;
   lead me to the rock that is higher than I.

Psalm 61:1-2

Pin It

3 comments:

Desiray said...

Thanks for sharing this sis, i know it hurts your heart. But what Shane is feeling is guilt and that comes from the enemy. We must rebuke that spirit. As you know we all deal with many things and there are things that we don't get right but we can't allow ourselves to swallow in our guilt. Jesus delivered us from guilt. Keep praying which I know you are God is working you just have to remember not to give up keep the faith.

My Mad World said...

Thanks sis! Been praying so hard over this. I am so thankful that there was an answer. It's still going to be a long road but with God by our side it will be alright.

Sandra said...

Thank you for sharing this, I'm so glad he was able to get the closure he needs :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!