"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Monday, October 11, 2010

What a wonderful day!

Yesterday was a wonderful day!  We joined the church a few weeks ago and today I was baptized by immersion!  I was so nervous because I was afraid I was gonna dunk the pastor too and I also don't like people looking at me but I had to remember why I was doing it! 
My best friends son came up to me and asked me, "How old are you?" I told him 35 and then he said, "and you've never been baptized!?!"  I tried to explain to him that I was but it wasn't in the way that our Lord intended it to be so this time I did it the way it was meant to be.
I don't have much to say about the baptism besides that it was an amazing experience and I am so thankful for the chance to be baptized by immersion!

Some great verses I found that I really loved....

 "For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit." 1 Corinthians 12:13

"and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a good conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,"  1 Peter 3:21 

"He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of His mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit," Titus 3:5

and of course my favorite!
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"  2 Corinthians 5:17

Look what my husband told me he has ordered for me!  Will take a bit to get here since it is being personalized!  What a great surprise!!  He's so sweet!  Love you babe!









 My Mom took some pictures for me.  What a great way to remember it!
Pin It

9 comments:

Amanda said...

Well done and congratulations Nicole!

I believe the Holy Spirit will endow you with more power and strength to walk on the Narrow Path now. Exciting times ahead!

Bless you, love and hugs, dear sister...

Desiray said...

What a great way to start the day then to give glory and honor to God..You had a blessed day. I love the photos of the baptism..that is an exciting time...it's an outward appearance of what Jesus is doing on the inside of a heart.

baby love said...

I'm so happy for you and your Baptism!! And, I'm so proud of you for doing it "the right way" & how our sweet Jesus intended! You are an incredibly woman, I hope you truly realize that!!

Thanks for sharing the photos, too! They're definitely special & so nice to have!

What a sweet hubby you've got, too :D

Happy to hear you had such an amazing weekend!

oxox-Camille

My Mad World said...

Thank you ladies so much for your kind words!

God bless both of you! =)

Mary said...

That is so awesome Nicole! congratulations! I was baptised in confirmation when I was in 8th grade and I know now it wasn't for the right reasons. Both Kyle and I are hoping to be baptised again when we find a new church here.

Again congratulations and God bless!

My Mad World said...

Thanks Mary!
I was baptized after I was saved at Falls Creek when I was around 15 but then of course I walked off that path. Plus our church only did pouring back then. So thankful for the opportunity to find this church and to do it right!

I will say a pray that you and Kyle will be able to find a warm and loving church you can call home too! It's hard! Especially when you guys just got there! Good luck. Hugs to you and your family Mary!

Jill {Sweet Diva} said...

Congratulations.....and good job overcoming your apprehensions so that you may walk in obedience with Him!!
Perhaps your willingness to do so will encourage someone else to as well!! :)

Nicole said...

Thank you Jill!

I hope that it does!!

I knew that in the bible it always talked about coming up out of the water, but for 20 years I just thought that pouring was alright. That's just how our church did it.
Now after reading the bible more and learning the way it was meant to be, I was so happy that I could do it right and felt so bad that for so long I thought I had.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I was 21 when I was baptized. I remember how nervous I was. Such a wonderful step in my life.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!