"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Praying for our husbands

A dear friend sent this to some more ‘Imperfect Wives’ and I just had to share it.  Something I need to print and do everyday.  I do pray for my husband but it is nice to not always have the same prayer…

His Head –That he will look to You as Lord of his life.                         (1 Corinthians 11:3)

His Mind – That he will have the mind of Christ and think as the Holy Spirit would lead him and not the flesh. (1 Corinthians 2:16)

His Eyes –That You will keep his eyes from temptation and that he will turn his eyes from sin. (Matthew 6:13, Mark 9:47)

His Ears – That he will hear Your still small voice instructing him.      (1 Kings 19:12, Psalm 32:8)

His Mouth – That his words will be pleasing to You. (Proverbs 19:1)

His Neck – That he will humble himself before You and be strong, courageous, and careful to do everything written in Your Word so that he will be prosperous and successful.                               (James 4:10, Joshua 1:8-9)

His Heart – That he will love and trust You with his whole heart. (Deuteronomy 6:5, Proverbs 3:5)

His Arms – That You will be his strength. (Psalm 73:26)

His Hands – That he will enjoy the work of his hands and see it as a gift from You. (Ecclesiastes 3:13, 5:19)

His Feet – That You will order his steps and that he will walk in Your truth. (Proverbs 4:25, Psalm 26:3)

 

Oh and guess what?  My friend Beverly, that sent me this, said she got it from Girlfriends in God!  Love them! 

Pin It

7 comments:

Kathryn said...

I needed this! I always seem to have the same words, the same phrases on mylips when I pray for my husband. Thanks for posting this!

Michelle said...

Thank you so much!
I am printing it out now.

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Endu Girl said...

amen....Thanks for the words...God Bless u

My Mad World said...

You're welcome!

Hannah said...

Two thumbs up! Thanks.

Jenn said...

How wonderful!! So glad you have visiting my blog (JOYfilled) so I can follow you here and be blessed!
This post is a welcome addition to my morning xoxoxo

My Mad World said...

Thanks Hannah & Jennifer. Glad I could share this with everyone!

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!