"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Jesus Calling ~March 7th

Let Me help you through this day.  The challenges you face are far too great for you to handle alone.  You are keenly aware of your helplessness in the scheme of events you face.  This awareness opens up a choice: to doggedly go it alone or to walk with Me in humble steps of dependence.  Actually, this choice is continually before you, but difficulties highlight the decision-making process. So, consider it all joy whenever you are enveloped in various trials.  These are gifts from Me, reminding you to rely on Me alone.

 

Psalm 63:7-8 (NIV)

7 Because You are my help,
   I sing in the shadow of Your wings.
8 I cling to You;
   Your right hand upholds me.

 

James 1:2-3 (AMP)

2Consider it wholly joyful, my brethren, whenever you are enveloped in or encounter trials of any sort or fall into various temptations.

3Be assured and understand that the trial and proving of your faith bring out endurance and steadfastness and patience.

 

My thoughts:

I really do need to work on that…considering it a joy when I am in trials.  Some trials are easier than other for me to joyful and trusting in Him to help me through it, other times its almost like I give up.  Deep inside I know that things will be alright, and these are the times when I am closest to Him and praying to Him but I really need to work on really trusting Him and being joyful in everything!

 

 

 

Jesus callingSo.. a friend of mine was/is doing a daily devotional called Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. I decided to head on over iTunes and see what they had since I had a gift card for iTunes. They had it so I got it. I really like it. The one I got is more like an app than the audible book but I still like it.

Jesus Calling App Pin It

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I like the way u put your thoughts after the devotional. :)

My Mad World said...

Thank you Rebecca for your kind words and for stopping by!

I haven't posted much since I've been back to work and I really need to!
God bless you!!

My Mad World said...

Thank you Rebecca for your kind words and for stopping by!

I haven't posted much since I've been back to work and I really need to!
God bless you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!