"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~ John 14:27"

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Full Armor of God!

Armor of God
  This is one of the greatest passages ever!  I have always liked it but until I rededicated my life it really didn’t have the same meaning it does now.  Here lately I have been reading this more and more and more and more…

Oh how we need to do this each and everyday so we can be prepared for the devil’s schemes!  Unfortunately he is too good at that and way too often we forget to strap on the Armor of God. (because I don’t want him anywhere near this family or in this house!)  This is something we should do the moment we wake up!!  I have to admit that there are many days this isn’t the first thing that I put on… life gets in the way and I know it shouldn’t but as long as we remember to strap it on sometime throughout the day then that is better than never putting it on at all. 

What comfort it is that we can strap on that belt of truth, the breastplate of righteousness, strap on our boots or sandals for the gospel of peace, grab that shield of faith, strap on that helmet of Salvation and grab up our sword of the Spirit!   What better outfit to come out and face this world with? 
Like my wonderful friend Rebecca said Tuesday, Don’t be a Spiritual Streaker!  streaker
Strap on that Armor of God!!

Here’s another wonderful picture I found while searching for a woman in armor…
warriorgirlposter2_med
The Armor of God
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.  Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.  Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place,  and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.  In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.
Ephesians 6:10-20
Pin It

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Nicole!

What a great post! It thrills my heart to know that God is speaking to you concerning your authority in Him! I am even more excited to see that you are not just being a hearer of the Word, but a DOER! That is what God's Warrior Princesses do...they DO what they hear in the Word of God!

I'm certain that I heard the term "spiritual streaker" from someone else...so I can't take credit for it...it's just such a great mental picture that it spurs us to action!

Love you!

Cherie said...

Great post, Nicole! I love that you added the "Spiritual Streaker" comment. Rebecca has many, even if they are not all her's. We are the Kings Daughters and have the Authority over satan and his plans against us. But, when we start our day without our armor, we run the risk of loosing..Big Time! Praying that many will see your post and grow in their walk with God!!

Love you,

Cherie

My Mad World said...

Thank you Warrior Princesses!! :)

Rebecca- I am doing my best to be a Doer!
Even if you didn't actually come up with the 'spiritual streaker' it was too good not to share! Loved it!! Even changed my pics on FB so I made it into a banner. ;)
And I love you too!!!

Cherie- So very true! I pray that everyone will remember to climb out of bed and step into that Armor! It is our protection straight from Daddy to fight that nasty one!!
I am also praying that others will read this and that it might actually help in their walk with our Lord!
I love you too!!

Thank you ladies for stopping by! It means a lot! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello! I am trying to create a brochure for our women's ministries retreat next spring, and absolutely fell in love with your first photo in this blogpost (the black-ish one). Could I please have your permission to use it on our (free) brochure? Please email me, fatherschild7 at yahoo dot com.
God bless!
Janessa

Anonymous said...

I greatly appreciate your message, however, I regret I must bring something to your attention. As you are a woman, I assume that you do not realize the implications of the pictures you chose for this blog entry, particularly the first with the silhouette.
To a man, it looks not like a woman who has donned the armor of God but a vixen with a mind to break the defenses of a man.
Understand, I am not opposed to you using a picture of a woman in armor-- no problem. I want only to point out to you that such images look like they were created with the purpose to incite lust in men. I do not think that you would want to do this.
Again, thank you for your message. The spiritual battle rages, and in Christ alone do we find our strength.

God bless,
M

My Mad World said...

Anonymous- No I did not intend for that and you are right it never did occur to me. This was the best photo I could find to go with the scripture I wanted to add to it. All the others the ladies were glad in less and I thought that this one, being the silhouette was safe.

I did not intend to offend anyone and God knows this. I appreciate your opinion but I am leaving it up, being that it is my blog. Thanks for stopping by though and God bless you too. :)

My Mad World said...

*clad not glad in less

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Bloggers.com

Nicole - Find me on Bloggers.com
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Get your own free Blogoversary button!